Tuesday, May 17, 2011

NAPLAN Blog hacked?

Dear Reader,

On Friday May 13 on this Blog, I posted a letter of mine which had been published in The Age Newspaper on May 12, 2011. I gave the link to the full letters page in The Age to acknowledge its source. To my surprise, I found that the complete post from May 13 had been deleted by Saturday morning.

If you are reading this, please do me a favour. Copy this post NOW and send it to as many Web Sites as possible because the same thing may happen again (by whom I do not know, for no one has claimed responsibility for this hack). Is this a case of Nappileaks?

Here is my letter again. It really annoyed those who hate NAPLAN testing.

NAPLAN matters

RECENT Age articles and a number of letters from readers show an ignorance about the National Literacy and Numeracy tests. These are diagnostic tests designed to provide information about the strengths and weaknesses of students in the critical areas of literacy and numeracy. Most parents want to know how well their children can spell, punctuate, use correct grammar, understand what they read and think mathematically. We are being altogether too precious about our children if we do not allow them to participate in NAPLAN.
In fact, we are doing them a disservice. Ignorance is not bliss.
Bill Healy, Kew

Many thanks to all my readers in the leadup to the 2011 NAPLAN Tests.

I will be back in early June with more NAPLAN resources and comments.

Kilbaha Multimedia Publishing has some free Mathematics workbooks to give away to schools and parents (while stocks last). Send an email to kilbaha@gmail.com with your full name and mailing address to receive one.

Best wishes to all,

Bill Healy